1. Détour. Déviation d'une route.
2. Écart. Déviation par rapport ŕ la normale.
Sinonimi: roundabout way
ETYM French détour, from détourner to turn aside; pref. dé- (Latin dis-) + tourner to turn. Related to Turn.
A roundabout road (especially one that is used temporarily while a main route is blocked); SYN. roundabout way.
ETYM Late Lat. deviatio: cf. French déviation.
1. A variation that deviates from the standard or norm; SYN. divergence, departure, difference.
2. Deviate behavior; SYN. deviance.
3. The difference between an observed value and the expected value of a variable or function.
4. The error of a compass due to local magnetic disturbances.
The difference between the value of the controlled variable and the value at which it is being controlled.