Sinonimi: catch out
(Homonym: fined ).
(Irregular preterit, past participle: found).
1. To come upon after searching; find the location of something that was missed or lost; SYN. regain.
2. To come upon, as if by accident; meet with; SYN. happen, chance, hit, bump, encounter.
3. To succeed in reaching; arrive at.
4. To come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds; SYN. feel.
5. To obtain through effort or management.
6. To perceive oneself to be in a certain condition or place.
1. To bend, or be doubled, upward.
2. To appear; to come to light; to transpire; to occur; to happen.
3. When people or things turn up at a place, they appear there. Show up is similar to turn up.