1. Spiritual charge; care; Pastoral charge of a parish
2. Recovery or relief from a disease; something (as a drug or treatment) that cures a disease; a course or period of treatment; spa
3. A complete or permanent solution or remedy
4. A process or method of curing
ETYM Cf. French traitement. Related to Treat.
1. A manner of dealing with something artistically.
2. Care by procedures or applications that are intended to relieve illness or injury.
3. The management of someone or something; or; SYN. handling.
ETYM Old Eng. persone person, parson, Old Fren. persone, French personne person, Late Lat. persona (sc. ecclesiae), from Latin persona a person. Related to Person.
1. A person who represents a parish in its ecclesiastical and corporate capacities; hence, the rector or incumbent of a parochial church.
2. Any clergyman having ecclesiastical preferment; one who is in orders, or is licensed to preach; a preacher.