ETYM Late Lat. commodiosus, from Latin commodum convenience, from commodus. Related to Commode.
Large and and roomy; ('convenient' is archaic in this sense); SYN. convenient.
ETYM Latin conveniens, -entis, suitable, p. pr. of convenire to be suitable, to come. Related to Convene.
1. Easy to reach; SYN. handy, ready to hand.
2. Suited to one's comfort or purpose or needs.
ETYM Latin expediens, -entis, p. pr. of expedire to be expedient, release, extricate: cf. French expédient. Related to Expedite.
1. Appropriate to a purpose; practical.
2. Serving to promote one's interest.
1. Easy to use.
2. Skillful with the hands.
1. Being of use or service; SYN. utile.
2. Capable of being turned to use or account
3. Of great importance or use or service; SYN. valuable, of value.
Meuble de rangement.
Box with a lid; used for storage; usually large and sturdy.
Sinonimi: actor's assistant
ETYM French dressoir. Related to Dress.
1. A cabinet with shelves.
2. A wardrobe assistant for an actor; SYN. actor's assistant.