3. (Intrans.) Faire taire.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: fell, fallen).
1. To drop; to descend in free fall under the influence of gravity.
2. To drop oneself to a lower or less erect position.
3. To lose an upright position suddenly.
4. To go as if by falling.
5. To come suddenly, as if by falling.
6. To lose office or power.
7. To occur at a specified time or place.
8. To come out; issue.
9. To slope downward.
10. To suffer defeat, failure, or ruin.
11. To die, as in battle or in a hunt.
12. To be given by assignment or distribution.
13. To come under, be classified or included; SYN. come.
14. To pass suddenly and passively into a state of body or mind.
15. To yield to temptation or sin.
16. To be captured.
17. To be cast down.
18. To be due.
19. To assume a disappointed or sad expression.
20. To be born, used chiefly of lambs.
1. To fall suddenly and sharply
2. To fall down, as if collapsing; SYN. topple.
3. To roll over and over, back and forth.
4. To do gymnastics, roll and turn skillfully.
7. To suffer a sudden downfall, overthrow, or defeat.
8. To throw together in a confused mass
9. To dry clothes by putting them in tumbling barrel, where they are whirled about in hot air