1. The occurrence of breaking.
2. A sudden dash.
3. An act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; SYN. interruption, disruption, gap.
4. An escape from jail; SYN. breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking.
5. An unexpected piece of good luck; SYN. good luck, happy chance.
6. (Tennis) A score consisting of winning a game when one's opponent was serving; SYN. break of serve.
7. The opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool.
Device by which parts or objects are joined together.