(Irregular preterit, past participle: befell, befallen).
To become of; happen to; SYN. bechance, betide.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: came, come).
1. To move toward, travel toward something or somebody or approach something or somebody; SYN. come up.
2. To cover a certain distance.
3. To reach a state, relation, or condition.
4. To be the product or result; SYN. follow.
5. To come to pass; arrive, as in due course.
6. To develop into; SYN. add up, amount.
7. To exist or occur in a certain point in a series.
8. To happen as a result.
9. To have a certain priority.
10. To be found or available.
11. To enter or assume a condition, relation, use, or position.
12. To extend or reach.
13. To experience orgasm.
14. To be received, as of news on the radio or television; SYN. come in.
1. To chance to be or do something, without intention or causation.
2. To come into being; become reality; SYN. materialize.
3. To come to pass; occur; SYN. hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, come about, take place.
4. To happen, occur, or be the case in the course of events or by chance; (Santayana); SYN. befall, bechance.