Deliberately avoiding; SYN. turning away, shunning, dodging.
1. A means or way of escaping.
2. An avoidance of danger or difficulty.
3. An inclination to retreat from unpleasant realities through diversion or fantasy; SYN. escapism.
4. The act of escaping physically; SYN. flight.
5. The unwanted discharge of a fluid from some container; SYN. leak, leakage, outflow.
6. (Botany) A plant originally cultivated but now growing wild.
A rapid escape (as by criminals); SYN. lam.
When you escape from people who want to capture or hurt you, you make a getaway.
An escape from a jail.