Sinonimi: gummed label | sticker
ETYM Old Fren. label sort of ribbon or fringe, label in heraldry, French lambeau shred, strip, rag.
1. A brief description given for purposes of identification.
2. A radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction.
3. An identifying or descriptive marker; SYN. gummed label, sticker.
ETYM French Cf. Plack, and see Placard.
Any abnormal deposit on a body surface, especially the thin, transparent film of sticky protein (called mucin) and bacteria on tooth surfaces. If not removed, this film forms tartar (calculus), promotes tooth decay, and leads to gum disease. Another form of plaque is a deposit of fatty or fibrous material in the walls of blood vessels causing atheroma.
A small abnormal patch on or inside the body.
1. A motion or gesture by which a thought is expressed or a command or wish made known; signal; a fundamental linguistic unit that designates an object or relation or has a purely syntactic function; one of a set of gestures used to represent language; also; sign language
2. A mark having a conventional meaning and used in place of words or to represent a complex notion
3. One of the 12 divisions of the zodiac
4. A character (as a flat or sharp) used in musical notation; segno; a character indicating a mathematical operation; also; one of two characters + and - that form part of the symbol of a number and characterize it as positive or negative
5. A display (as a lettered board or a configuration of neon tubing) used to identify or advertise a place of business or a product; a posted command, warning, or direction; signboard
6. Something material or external that stands for or signifies something spiritual; something indicating the presence or existence of something else; presage, portent; an objective evidence of plant or animal disease