ETYM From Wave; not the same word as Old Eng. wawe, waghe, a wave, which is akin to Eng. wag to move.
1. (Physics) A progressive, undulating disturbance created without displacement of the medium itself; SYN. undulation.
2. One of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water); SYN. moving ridge.
3. A movement like that of an ocean wave.
4. An undulating curve.
5. Something that rises rapidly and dies away.
6. The act of signaling by a movement of the hand; SYN. waving, wafture.
7. A hairdo that creates undulations in the hair.
Talasanje, njihanje, lelujanje, talasasto kretanje, valovito kretanje; doterivanje kose da bude talasasta (ili valovita). (fr.)
Pojava na vodi usled vetra, val.
1. To move one's hand back and forth, as a signal.
2. To flap or move in an undulating fashion.
3. To set waves in (said of of hair).
Talasati se, lelujati se; talasati kosu, praviti (ili napraviti) kosu valovitom. (fr.)
LJuljati se poput talasa, ravnomerno se pokretati.