ETYM Old Eng. veile, Old Fren. veile, French voile, Latin velum a sail, covering, curtain, veil, probably from vehere to bear, carry, and thus originally, that which bears the ship on. Related to Vehicle, Reveal.
1. That which veils or conceals.
2. A piece of fabric used to cover an object, such as a piece of gauze used to hide or protect the face.
3. A cover; disguise; a mask; a pretense.
4. The membrane of certain mushrooms, also called the velum.
1. Komad prozirne tkanine kojom žene pokrivaju lice ili ga nose u znak žalosti; Koprena, zar.
2. Prozirna (bela) tkanina kojom se prekrivaju neveste;
3. prenosno: Nešto što prekriva stvarnost, istinu o nečemu. (lat.)
To obscure, or conceal with or as if with a veil.