ETYM Old Fren. escluse, French écluse, Late Lat. exclusa, sclusa, from Latin excludere, exclusum, to shut out: cf. Dutch sluis sluice, from the Old French. Related to Exclude.
Carries a rapid flow of water controlled by a sluicegate; SYN. sluiceway, penstock.
Hidrograđevinski objekat, ustava.
Hidrograđevinski objekat, brana, zaustavljač vode.
Sinonimi: flush | sluice down
1. To draw through a sluice, as of water.
2. To flow or pour from or as if from a sluice.
3. To irrigate with water from a sluice; SYN. flush.
4. To pour as if from a sluice; SYN. sluice down.
5. To transport in or send down a sluice, as of logs.