Sinonimi: shoulder joint | articulatio humeri
ETYM Old Eng. shulder, shuldre, schutder, as. sculdor; akin to Dutch schoulder, German schulter, Old High Germ. scultarra, Dan. skulder, Swed. skuldra.
1. A ball-and-socket joint between the head of the humerus and a cavity of the scapula; SYN. shoulder joint, articulatio humeri.
2. The part of the body between the neck and the upper arm.
3. Strip of unpaved land along the side of a road.
4. A cut of beef from the shoulder of the animal.
1. To carry a burden, either real or metaphoric
2. To lift onto one's shoulders.
3. To push with the shoulders