Unit of time equal to a hundred-millionth of a second, used in describing nuclear processes.
In music, an alternate name for trill, in which two adjacent notes rapidly alternate.
1. The act or result of shaking; a vacillating or wavering motion; a rapid motion one way and other; a trembling or quaking.
2. A fissure or crack in timber, caused by its being dried too suddenly.
3. A fissure in rock or earth.
4. A milkshake.
Treperenje glasa ili zvuka usled brzog ponavljanaj jednog tona.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: shook, shaken).
1. To move back and forth quickly; SYN. agitate.
2. To bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking.
3. To get rid of; SYN. shake off, throw off, escape from.
4. To undermine or weaken.