ETYM French monarchie, Latin monarchia, Greek. Related to Monarch.
1. Undivided rule or absolute sovereignty by a single person.
2. A nation or state having a monarchical government.
3. A government having a hereditary chief of state with life tenure and powers varying from nominal to absolute.
4. An autocracy governed by a monarch who usually inherits the authority.
5. Government by one individual.
Oblik vladavine u kojoj je na čelu države stalno neka osoba (monarh), vlada jednog čoveka. (grč.)