1. An act or instance of finding
2. Something found: as a valuable discovery; a person whose ability proves to be unexpectedly good
Sinonimi: catch out
(Homonym: fined ).
(Irregular preterit, past participle: found).
1. To come upon after searching; find the location of something that was missed or lost; SYN. regain.
2. To come upon, as if by accident; meet with; SYN. happen, chance, hit, bump, encounter.
3. To succeed in reaching; arrive at.
4. To come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds; SYN. feel.
5. To obtain through effort or management.
6. To perceive oneself to be in a certain condition or place.