1. For or composed of women or girls
2. Characteristic of or peculiar to a woman; SYN. distaff.
3. (Biology) Being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces fertilizable gametes (ova) from which offspring develop
Sinonimi: female person
ETYM Old Eng. femel, femal, French femelle, from Latin femella, dim. of femina woman. Related to Feminine.
1. A person who belongs to the sex that can have babies; SYN. female person.
2. An animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa).
1. Osoba ženskog pola, ženska.