ETYM Cf. French approche. Related to Approach.
(Irregular plural: approaches).
1. The event of one object coming closer to another; SYN. approaching.
2. The act of drawing spatially closer to something; SYN. approaching, coming.
3. The temporal property of becoming nearer in time; SYN. approaching, coming.
4. A close approximation.
5. A formulation adopted in tackling a problem; SYN. attack, plan of attack.
6. A relatively short golf shot intended to put the ball onto the putting green; SYN. approach shot.
1. Mogućnost da se do nečega dođe ili da se nešto pronađe.
1. To move towards; draw closer to; SYN. near, come on, go up, draw near, come near.
2. To come closer metaphorically, as in time; SYN. come near.
3. To make advances to someone, usually with a proposal or suggestion.