ETYM French sauvage, Old Fren. salvage, from Latin silvaticus belonging to a wood, wild, from silva a wood. Related to Silvan, Sylvatic.
1. Of or pertaining to the forest; remote from human abodes and cultivation; in a state of nature; nature; wild.
2. Wild; untamed; uncultivated.
3. Uncivilized; untaught; unpolished; rude.
4. Characterized by cruelty; barbarous; fierce; ferocious; inhuman; brutal.
alle der Jagd unterliegenden Säugetiere (Haar-W.) u. Vögel (Feder-, Flug-W.).
A member of an uncivilized people; SYN. barbarian.
1. A person belonging to a primitive society
2. A brutal person
3. A rude or unmannerly person