1. A battle in the Seven Years' War (1759) in which the Anglo-Allied forces defeated the French; Also called: battle of Minden.
2. City in Iowa (USA); zip code 51553.
3. City in Louisiana (USA); zip code 71055.
4. City in Nebraska (USA); zip code 68959.
5. Unincorporated community in Nevada (USA).
Industrial town (tobacco, food processing) of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, on the river Weser; The French were defeated here 1759 by an allied army from Britain, Hanover, and Brunswick, commanded by the duke of Brunswick.
Krst. in NRW, Binnenhafen an der Weser u. am Mittellandkanal, nördl. der Porta Westfalica, 76 000 Ew.; roman.-frühgot. Dom (11. bis 14. Jh.); chem.-pharmazeut. Ind. – Um 800 Bischofssitz; im 13. Jh. Entwicklung zur Stadt, Mitgl. der Hanse; 1648 an Brandenburg-Preußen.