The cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time; SYN. deal.
1. Action de distribuer les cartes au jeu.
2. Ce que reçoit chaque joueur.
ETYM as. hand, hond; akin to Dutch, German, and Swed. hand, Old High Germ. hant, Dan. haand, Icel. hönd, Goth. handus, and perh. to Goth. hinthan to seize (in comp.). Related to Hunt.
1. Terminal part of the forelimb in certain vertebrates.
2. On humans, the extremity of the forearm, beyond the wrist, composed of the palm and five fingers, including the opposable thumb.
1. Organe de la préhension.
2. Donne. Une main gagnante.
Sinonimi: helping hand
1. Physical assistance; SYN. helping hand.
2. A round of applause to signify approval.
3. A unit of length equal to 4 inches; used in measuring horses; unit used in measuring the height of a horse from front hoof to shoulder (withers). One hand equals 10.2 cm/4 in.
5. One of two sides of an issue.
6. A rotating pointer on the face of a timepiece.
7. A position given by its location to the side of an object.
8. A member of the crew of a ship.
Se dit de toute entreprise hardie dont l'exécution est prompte. Faire un coup de main.
2. (Au pluriel) Bracelets de prisonnier.