1. To cause to be agitated, excited, or roused; SYN. rouse, charge, commove, excite, charge up.
2. To change the arrangement or position of; SYN. disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up.
3. To try to stir up public opinion; SYN. foment, stir up.
4. Cause to be agitated, excited, or roused
5. Exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for
6. Move very slightly
7. Move or cause to move back and forth
4. (Au figuré) Émouvoir.