ETYM Dutch kil.
The destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile.
1. To cause to die; put to death
2. To deprive of life
3. To destroy a vitally essential quality of or in
4. To be fatal
5. To thwart the passage of; SYN. defeat, vote down, vote out.
6. To tire out completely
7. To be the source of great pain for
8. To hit with great force, in sports
9. To cause to cease operating
10. To hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games
11. To mark for deletion or rule out; SYN. obliterate, wipe out.
12. To overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration
1. To stop or abort a process in a program or operating system.
2. In file management, to erase a file, often without hope of reversing the action.