ETYM Old Eng. wheel, hweol, AS. hweól, hweogul, hweowol; akin to Dutch wiel, Icel. hvęl, Greek kyklos, Skr. cakra; cf. Icel. hjôl, Dan. hiul, Swed. hjul. Related to Cycle, Cyclopedia.
1. A simple machine consisting of a circular frame with spokes (or a solid disc) that can rotate on a shaft or axle (as in vehicles or other machines).
2. A wheel used to control the rudder of a vessel.
Sinonimi: wheel around | roll | wheel around
1. To change directions as of revolving on a pivot; SYN. wheel around.
2. To move along on or as if on wheels or a wheeled vehicle; SYN. roll.
3. To wheel somebody or something; SYN. wheel around.