1. To turn from an upright position; overturn; rotate ; also; to cause (an internal combustion engine) to begin firing
2. To search (as clothes or papers) by lifting or moving one by one
3. To read or examine (as a book) slowly or idly
4. Deliver, surrender ; also; to lose possession of
5. To receive and dispose of (a stock of merchandise); to do business to the amount of
6. To do business worth a certain amount of money.
7. When employees of a company leave their jobs and are replaced by new employees, they turn over.
8. The rate at which employees of a company leave and are replaced by new employees is the turnover.