1. Of, relating to, or used in a trial
2. Made or done as a test or experiment
3. Used or tried out in a test or experiment
ETYM From Try.
1. (Sports) A preliminary competition to determine qualifications.
2. An annoying or frustrating event; SYN. tribulation, visitation.
3. Trying something to find out about it; SYN. test, tryout.
run · test · trial run · tribulation · tryout · visitation
In law, the determination of an accused person's innocence or guilt by means of the judicial examination of the issues of the case in accordance with the law of the land. The two parties in a trial, the defendant and plaintiff, or their counsels, put forward their cases and question the witnesses; on the basis of this evidence the jury or other tribunal body decides on the innocence or guilt of the defendant.
1. (Law) Legal proceedings consisting of the judicial examination of issues by a competent tribunal
2. (Law) The determination of a person's innocence or guilt by due process of law