1. To change in outward structure or looks; SYN. transmute.
2. To change or alter in form, appearance, or nature; SYN. transmute.
3. To subject to a mathematical transformation.
1. To change the appearance or format of data without altering its content; that is, to encode information according to predefined rules.
2. In mathematics and computer graphics, to alter the position, size, or nature of an object by moving it to another location (translation), making it larger or smaller (scaling), turning it (rotation), changing its description from one type of coordinate system to another, and so on.