ETYM Old Eng. roial, riall, real, Old Fren. roial. reial, French royal, from Latin regalis, from rex, regis, king. Related to Rich, regal, real a coin, Rial.
1. Being of the rank of a monarch.
2. Established or chartered or authorized by royalty.
3. Invested with royal power as symbolized by a crown.
4. Of or relating to or indicative of or issued or performed by a king or queen or other monarch.
1. City in Iowa (USA); zip code 51357.
2. Village in Illinois (USA).
3. Village in Nebraska (USA); zip code 68773.
1. A sail set next above the topgallant, on a royal mast.
2. Stag with antlers of 12 or more branches; SYN. royal stag.
small sail on royal mast just above topgallant sail