ETYM For roasted.
(Of meat) To cook by dry heat in an oven; SYN. roasted.
1. A piece of meat suitable for roasting
2. A gathering at which food is roasted before an open fire or in hot ashes or sand
3. An act or process of roasting; specifically; severe banter or criticism
4. A banquet honoring a person (as a celebrity) who is subjected to humorous tongue-in-cheek ridicule by friends
5. A piece of meat roasted or for roasting and of a size for slicing into more than one portion; SYN. joint.
1. To cook by exposing to dry heat (as in an oven or before a fire) or by surrounding with hot embers, sand, or stones; to dry and parch by exposure to heat
2. To heat (inorganic material) with access of air and without fusing to effect change (as expulsion of volatile matter, oxidation, or removal of sulfur from sulfide ores)
3. To heat to excess
4. To subject to severe criticism or ridicule
5. To honor (a person) at a roast
6. To cook food by heat
7. To undergo being roasted
8. To cook with dry heat, usually in an oven