1. A state of inaction.
2. A support on which things can be put.
3. Euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb); SYN. eternal rest, sleep, eternal sleep, quietus.
1. In music, a silence, or the notation indicating a silence.
2. A musical notation indicating a silence of a specified duration.
1. To be at rest; SYN. repose.
2. To be inactive, refrain from acting on something.
3. To be inherent or innate in; SYN. reside, repose.
4. To give a rest to.
5. To not move; be in a resting position.
6. To put something in a resting position, as for support or steadying.
7. To take a short breath; SYN. breathe, catch one's breath, take a breather.