1. To get something; come into possession of; SYN. have.
2. To accept as true or valid
3. To convert into sounds or pictures, of incoming radio signals.
4. To express willingness to have in one's home or environs; SYN. take in, invite.
5. To have or give give a reception
6. To partake of the Eucharist, in a Christian church.
7. To receive a specified treatment (abstract); SYN. get, find, obtain, incur.
To accept data from an external communications system, such as a local area network (LAN) or a telephone line, and store the data as a file.