1. A large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm; SYN. mass meeting.
2. A marked recovery of strength or spirits during an illness.
3. The feat of mustering strength for a renewed effort; SYN. rallying.
An automobile race run over public roads.
An automobile competition using public roads and ordinary traffic rules with the object of maintaining a specified average speed between checkpoints over a route unknown to the participants until the start of the event
An exchange of several tennis strokes, a series of shots interchanged between players (as in tennis) before a point is won.
ETYM French railler. Related to Rail to scoff.
1. To return to a former condition; SYN. rebound.
2. To muster for a common purpose; to recall to order.
3. To arouse for action; to rouse from depression or weakness.
4. To come together again to renew an effort.
5. To join in a common cause.
6. Recover, rebound.
7. To engage in a rally.
8. To attack with raillery; banter.