ETYM Old Eng. poudre, pouldre, French poudre, Old Fren. also poldre, puldre, Latin pulvis, pulveris: cf. pollen fine flour, mill dust, Eng. pollen. Related to Polverine, Pulverize.
1. A solid substance in the form of tiny loose particles.
2. Any of various cosmetic or medical preparations dispensed in the form of a powder.
1. River 150 miles (241 kilometers) E Oregon flowing into the Snake.
2. River 375 miles (604 kilometers) N Wyoming and se Montana flowing N into the Yellowstone.
1. To apply powder to, as of one's nose or other body parts.
2. To reduce to powder; SYN. powderize, pulverize.