ETYM French, from Latin positura, from ponere, positum, to place. Related to Position.
1. The position of the body; the situation or disposition of the several parts of the body with respect to each other, or for a particular purpose.
2. The erect or proper position of the body.
3. (Fine Arts), the position of a figure with regard to the several principal members by which action is expressed; attitude.
1. To assume a posture; especially; to strike a pose for effect
2. To assume an artificial or pretended attitude; attitudinize
3. To cause to assume a given posture; pose