1. Original, earliest
2. Relating to or being a pioneer; especially; of, relating to, or characteristic of early settlers or their time
ETYM French pionier, orig., a foot soldier, Old Fren. peonier, from Old Fren. peon a foot soldier, French pion. Related to Pawn in chess.
1. One the first colonists or settler in a new territory.
2. Someone who helps to open up a new line of research or technology or art; SYN. innovator.
1. City in Iowa (USA).
2. Village in Louisiana (USA); zip code 71266.
3. Village in Ohio (USA); zip code 43554.
Sinonimi: open up
To open up an area or prepare a way; SYN. open up.