Sinonimi: wine palm | lontar | longar palm | Borassus flabellifer
Tall fan palm of Africa and India and Malaysia yielding a hard wood and sweet sap that is a source of palm wine and sugar; leaves used for thatching and weaving; SYN. wine palm, lontar, longar palm, Borassus flabellifer.
Tall African palm, yielding timber, thatching leaves, edible fruit, sugar and wine.
1. Borough in New Jersey (USA); zip code 08065.
2. Borough in Pennsylvania (USA); zip code 17078.
3. City in Missouri (USA); zip code 63461.
4. Town in Indiana (USA); zip code 47164.
5. Village in Illinois (USA).
6. Village in Nebraska (USA); zip code 68418.
7. Village in New York (USA); zip code 14522.
8. Village in Wisconsin (USA); zip code 53156.
(Syria) Ancient city and oasis in the desert of Syria, about 240 km/150 mi NE of Damascus. Palmyra, the biblical Tadmor, was flourishing by about 300 BC. It was destroyed AD 272 after Queen Zenobia had led a revolt against the Romans. Extensive temple ruins exist, and on the site is a village called Tadmor.(S Pacific) Coral atoll 1,600 km/1,000 mi SW of Hawaii, in the Line Islands, S Pacific, purchased by the US from a Hawaiian family 1979 for the storage of highly radioactive nuclear waste from 1986.