1. Involving or dealing with ancient forms or conditions
2. Early; primitive; archaic
1. (Of light) Lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble; SYN. pallid, wan.
2. Abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress; SYN. pallid, wan.
3. Lacking in vitality or interest or effectiveness; SYN. pallid.
4. Not full or rich.
5. Very light colored; highly diluted with white.
1. One of the stakes of a palisade; picket
2. A space or field having bounds; enclosure
3. A territory or district within certain bounds or under a particular jurisdiction
4. An area or the limits within which one is privileged or protected (as from censure)
5. A perpendicular stripe on a heraldic shield
To turn pale, as if in fear; SYN. blanch, blench.
To enclose with pales; fence