1. Of, relating to, or bearing a name
2. Appearing in the name of a literary or theatrical production
3. Having an established reputation; featuring celebrities
ETYM as. nama.
1. The word by which things are known or identified; SYN. noun, word.
2. The proper noun by which people or places are known; SYN. moniker, sobriquet, handle.
3. Family based on male descent; SYN. gens.
4. By the sanction or authority of.
5. A person's reputation.
6. A well-known person; SYN. figure.
7. A defamatory or abusive word or phrase; SYN. epithet.
1. To assign a specified name to; SYN. call.
2. To charge with a function; charge to be; SYN. nominate, make.
3. To give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; SYN. identify.
4. To give the names of; SYN. list.
5. To mention and identify by name