1. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time
2. At or toward an end or late period or stage of development; SYN. later.
3. Of the immediate past or just previous to the present time; SYN. recent.
4. Having died recently
5. (Linguistics) Of a later stage in the development of a language or literature; used especially of dead languages
ETYM as. late. Related to Late.
1. At an advanced age or stage.
2. Later than usual or than expected; SYN. belatedly, tardily.
1. The latest acceptable time — usually used in the phrase at the latest
2. Something that is the most recent or currently fashionable