1. To begin; to be ready to begin or deal with
2. To have an effect on: as influence; bother
3. To arrive at the point of
4. When things or people get to a certain level, number, or amount, they reach it.
5. When you get to do something, you are allowed to do it or are able to do it.
6. When something gets to you, it bothers or annoys you, either psychologically or physically.
When you get to a place, you arrive there. When you get peopleto a place, you help them to go there or take them there. When you get to work,you arrive at the place where you work.
When you get to doing something, you begin todo it gradually.