1. Barely perceptible; lacking clarity or brightness or loudness etc.
2. Indistinctly understood or felt or perceived.
3. Lacking conviction or boldness or courage; SYN. fainthearted, timid.
4. Lacking strength or vigor; SYN. feeble.
5. Weak and likely to lose consciousness; SYN. light, swooning, light-headed.
ETYM French feinte, from feindre to deceive.
A spontaneous loss of consciousness caused by insufficient blood to the brain; SYN. swoon, syncope.
To pass out from weakness or physical or emotional distress due to a loss of blood supply to the brain; SYN. conk, swoon, pass out.