ETYM as. efen. efn; akin to os. eban, Dutch even, Old High Germ. eban, German efen, Icel. jafn, Dan. jevn, Swed. jämn, Goth. ibns. Related to Anent, Ebb.
1. Being level or straight or regular and without variation as e.g. in shape or texture; or being in the same plane or at the same height as something else (i.e. even with).
2. Divisible by two.
3. Equal in degree or extent or amount; or equally matched or balanced; SYN. fifty-fifty.
4. Occurring at fixed intervals; SYN. regular.
5. Symmetrically arranged; SYN. regular.
ETYM AS. efne. Related to Even, Een.
1. In spite of; notwithstanding.
2. To a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons; SYN. yet, still.
3. To the full extent.
4. Used as an intensifier, especially to indicate something unexpected.
1. To become even or more even; SYN. even out.
2. To make even or more even; SYN. even out.