1. Suitable for cutting or severing.
2. As physically painful as if caused by a sharp instrument; SYN. keen, knifelike, piercing, stabbing.
3. (Of speech) Harsh or hurtful in tone or character; SYN. edged, stinging.
Technique of vegetative propagation involving taking a section of root, stem, or leaf and treating it so that it develops into a new plant.
1. A part (sometimes a root or leaf or bud) removed from a plant to propagate a new plant through rooting or grafting; SYN. slip.
2. A piece cut off from the main part of something.
3. The act of diluting something; SYN. thinning.