1. Having a low or inadequate temperature or feeling a sensation of coldness or having been made cold by e.g. ice or refrigeration
2. Lacking the warmth of life
3. Feeling or showing no enthusiasm; SYN. cool.
4. Having lost freshness through passage of time
5. Psychological coldness; without human warmth or emotion
6. Marked by errorless familiarity
7. Without compunction or human feeling; SYN. cold-blooded, inhuman, insensate.
8. Of a seeker (in a game with a hidden object); far from the object sought
9. Sexually unresponsive; SYN. frigid.
10. So intense as to be almost uncontrollable
11. Unconscious from a blow or shock or intoxication
12. (Color) Giving no sensation of warmth
1. With utter finality; absolutely, completely ; also; abruptly
2. Without introduction or advance notice; without preparation or warm-up
The sensation produced by low temperatures; SYN. coldness.
Sinonimi: common cold
A mild viral infection involving the nose and respiratory passages (but not the lungs); SYN. common cold.