1. Contrary; opposite
2. Opposing; retaliatory
3. Complementary; corresponding
4. Duplicate; substitute
1. Marked by or tending toward or in an opposite direction or effect
2. Given to or marked by opposition, hostility, or antipathy
3. Situated or lying opposite
4 . Recalling or ordering back by a superseding contrary order; countermanding
In the opposite direction
1. In programming, a variable used to keep count of something.
2. In electronics, a circuit that counts a specified number of pulses before generating an output. 3. A device that keeps track of the number of visitors to a World Wide Web site.
1. A calculator that keeps a record of the number of times something happens; SYN. tabulator.
2. Horizontal surface over which business is transacted.
3. Piece of leather forming the back of a shoe or boot.
4. The part that fits the heel; SYN. heel.
5. Used in various card or board games.
To speak in response, usually with an opposing point of view.