ETYM French change, from changer. Related to Change.
1. A thing that is different.
2. A relational difference between states; especially between states before and after some event.
3. An event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another; SYN. alteration, modification.
4. The act of changing something.
5. The result of alteration or modification.
6. A different or fresh set of clothes.
The balance of money received when the amount one tenders is greater than the amount due.
Coins of small denomination regarded collectively.
1. To cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; SYN. alter.
2. To make or become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; SYN. alter, vary.
3. To undergo a change; become different in essence; losing one's or its original nature.
4. To exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category; SYN. exchange, commute, convert.
5. To remove or replace the coverings of.
6. To change clothes; put on different clothes.