ETYM Old Eng. blank, blonc, blaunc, blaunche, from French blanc, fem. blanche, from Old High Germ. blanch shining, bright, white, German blank; akin to Eng. blink, cf. also AS. blanc white.
1. Not charged with a bullet.
2. Of a surface; not written or printed on; SYN. clean, white.
3. Void of expression.
The character entered by pressing the spacebar. See also space character.
Sinonimi: dummy | blank shell
1. A cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet; SYN. dummy, blank shell.
2. A piece of material ready to be made into something.
3. A substitute for a taboo word.
To not show or not display an image on part or all of the screen.
To keep the opposing team from winning, in baseball.