1. The securing of a person or a safety rope to an anchor point (as during mountain climbing); also; a method of so securing a person or rope
2. Something (as a projection of rock) to which a person or rope is anchored
3. Something to which a mountain climber's rope can be secured.
1. To fasten a boat to a bitt, pin, or cleat.
2. To turn a rope round an object or person in order to secure it or him.
To secure a rope by winding on a pin or cleat
To secure (rope) by coiling round a projection; stop, cease. belaying pin, short wooden post to which ropes are secured.