(1911-1989) US comedy actress. She began her film career as a bit player 1933, and appeared in dozens of movies over the next few years, including Room Service 1938 (with the Marx Brothers) and Fancy Pants 1950 (with Bob Hope). From 1951 to 1957 she starred with her husband, Cuban bandleader Desi Arnaz, in the television sitcom I Love Lucy, the first US television show filmed before an audience. It was followed by The Lucy Show 1962–68 and Here’s Lucy 1968–74.
Her TV success limited her film output after 1950; her later films include Mame 1974. The television series are still transmitted in many countries.
A game in which a ball is thrown, kicked, or struck; also; quality of play in such a game.
1. A spherical object used as a plaything.
2. Any object with a spherical shape; SYN. globe, orb.
3. A more or less rounded body or mass; ball of the human foot or ball at the base of the thumb.
4. A compact mass; SYN. clod, glob, lump, clump, chunk.
5. A lavish formal dance.
6. (Baseball) A pitch that is not in the strike zone.
7. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
Town in Louisiana (USA).
1. To have sexual intercourse with
2. To engage in sexual intercourse
To form into a ball by winding, rolling, etc.; ball wool, for example.