1 Agency for International Development
2 artificial insemination by donor
ETYM French aide, Old Fren. aďde, aďe, from the verb. Related to Aid.
1. A gift of money to support a worthy person or cause.
2. A resource; SYN. assistance, help.
3. The activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; SYN. assist, assistance, help, helping.
4. The work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
Money or resources given or lent on favorable terms to poorer countries. A distinction may be made between short-term aid (usually food and medicine), which is given to relieve conditions in emergencies such as famine, and long-term aid, which is intended to promote economic activity (see aid, development) and improve the quality of life—for example, by funding irrigation, education, and communications programs.
1. To support, either by furnishing strength or means in cooperation to effect a purpose, or to prevent or to remove evil; to help; to assist.
2. Improve the condition of